Connect with us

Headlines

Protest rocks Defence Ministry over pension delay[VIDEO]

Published

on

A protest rocked the Ministry of Defence in Abuja on Wednesday as military retirees demanded the implementation of consequential adjustments to their pensions.

Armed soldiers reportedly blocked the ex-servicemen from protesting at the Defence Ministry over the non-implementation of the pension adjustments.

Speaking at the protest ground, one of the ex-servicemen said President Bola Tinubu approved a salary increase for military and paramilitary personnel in November last year, but the adjustment was yet to be implemented.

“Since November last year, the President approved a salary increase for the military and paramilitary personnel, and it has been in the news everywhere.

“The military high command has continued to thank the President at every given opportunity, but this is August 2026 and they are yet to implement it.

“It’s as if it is a scam. This is Nigeria. We served for 35 years. The system is wrong,” he said.

Watch video

News2 days ago

Vehicle in Custody of Ghanaian Government Authority Used in Reportedly Foiled Labone Bank Robbery as Ghana Police Face Mounting Questions Over Nigerian Involvement Narrative – Secrets Reporters Nigeria

News2 days ago

Satellite Town Development Department Abuja: Secrets Reporters Uncover ₦15.29m Financial Irregularities as Retired Officer Keeps Government Hilux – Secrets Reporters Nigeria

News2 days ago

₦3.26bn in Revenue and Account Irregularities Uncovered Under Mr Abdullahi O. Attah as Chairman – Secrets Reporters Nigeria

Headlines18 hours ago

Crisis rocks Edo Assembly as workers protest planned repeal of financial autonomy for house, judiciary

Headlines2 days ago

Alleged drug trafficking: Tinubu joins US Justice Department’s request for 10-day delay in release of records

Entertainment2 days ago

“You’ll fly her in, lodge her and still give her ₦3m” – Lady questions men’s spending on women for sexual pleasure

Headlines1 day ago

EPL: ‘They’ve brought in some experienced players’ – Ian Wright names club to challenge Arsenal for title

Special Report20 hours ago

Adeleke receives certificate of return, pledges N500m fund for election violence victims – The Witness Nigeria

Metro1 day ago

“You Can’t Answer ‘His Excellency’ Without Being An Excellent Person” — Peter Obi Says Nigerians Should Punish Breach Of Trust With Their Votes

News15 hours ago

Over ₦1.05bn in Financial Irregularities Uncovered under Alihu Nahuchi Leadership in FCT Water Board – Secrets Reporters Nigeria

Trending