Connect with us

Entertainment

“I have been treated unfairly and targeted”

Published

on

Former Miss South Africa contestant and Miss Universe Nigeria 2024 winner Chidimma Adetshina has spoken out after a South African court postponed proceedings concerning her immigration status and possible detention pending deportation.

The Cape Town Regional Court postponed the matter to February 27, 2027, saying it could not determine the issue while a separate review application concerning her status remains before the Western Cape High Court.

“I Have Been Targeted” – Chidimma Says

Speaking to journalists after Wednesday’s proceedings, Adetshina said she believed she had been treated unfairly but remained committed to resolving the matter through the courts.

She also reminded the public that she was born in South Africa.

“Firstly, I would like to say that I am grateful that I once again have been able to get an opportunity to have my faith in our courts, and I remind everyone that I was born in South Africa.”

She added:

“I have applied through the proper legal channels to have my status and citizenship determined. I believe that I have been treated unfairly and targeted and there has been an attempt to make me an example, but my message is not going to be one out of anger.”

Appeals Against Xenophobia and Misinformation

Adetshina urged people to allow the legal process to determine the matter, warning against xenophobia and misinformation.

“South Africa is governed by the rule of law and we should not allow xenophobia and misinformation to determine how people are going to be treated.”

She also called for the principles of Ubuntu to guide how people treat one another.

Case Moved to February 2027

The latest postponement means Adetshina will have to wait until February next year for further proceedings in the case.

Her legal battle centres on her immigration status and her challenge to the authorities’ efforts to deport her.

For now, the court has not made a final determination on her detention or deportation, with the outcome of the separate High Court review expected to influence the next stage of the proceedings.

See below;

 

View this post on Instagram

 

News2 days ago

Vehicle in Custody of Ghanaian Government Authority Used in Reportedly Foiled Labone Bank Robbery as Ghana Police Face Mounting Questions Over Nigerian Involvement Narrative – Secrets Reporters Nigeria

News2 days ago

Satellite Town Development Department Abuja: Secrets Reporters Uncover ₦15.29m Financial Irregularities as Retired Officer Keeps Government Hilux – Secrets Reporters Nigeria

News2 days ago

₦3.26bn in Revenue and Account Irregularities Uncovered Under Mr Abdullahi O. Attah as Chairman – Secrets Reporters Nigeria

Headlines2 days ago

Alleged drug trafficking: Tinubu joins US Justice Department’s request for 10-day delay in release of records

Headlines16 hours ago

Crisis rocks Edo Assembly as workers protest planned repeal of financial autonomy for house, judiciary

Entertainment2 days ago

“Your prayer point is different from mine” – Businessman says as he proudly flaunts his thriving business

Entertainment2 days ago

“He tried to lure me into having sex with him, but I refused” — Funke Etti recounts alleged ordeal with movie director

Entertainment2 days ago

“You’ll fly her in, lodge her and still give her ₦3m” – Lady questions men’s spending on women for sexual pleasure

Headlines1 day ago

EPL: ‘They’ve brought in some experienced players’ – Ian Wright names club to challenge Arsenal for title

Entertainment2 days ago

“His India visa came out but…”- Taiwo Hassan’s daughter explains why actor can’t be flown abroad for cancer treatment

Trending