World
Zelensky says Ukraine had no role in Nord Stream pipeline blast after suspect arrested

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said his country played no role in the sabotage of the Nord Stream gas pipelines linking Russia to Europe, following the arrest in Croatia of a second Ukrainian suspect sought by Germany.
“Ukraine has never even been involved in even the idea of this operation,” Zelensky told reporters during the Ukraine Nordic-Baltic summit in Kyiv on Sunday. “I hope there will be results of the investigation. We are ready to help.”
Croatian police arrested a Ukrainian national identified only as Vladimir Z at Germany’s request, the Federal Public Prosecutor’s Office said on Wednesday.
He is a trained scuba diver who was allegedly part of a group that used explosives to blow up the Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2 pipelines near the Danish island of Bornholm in September 2022, according to German authorities.
Last year, Ukrainian national Serhii K was arrested in Italy and extradited to Germany where he was later charged over the sabotage.
The Nord Stream 1 undersea link via the Baltic Sea to Germany was the main route for Russian pipeline gas flows before the Kremlin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine, while the second pipeline was completed but never operated. In 2021, the year before the war started, Nord Stream 1 delivered more than a third of Russia’s total gas exports to Europe.

Viral23 hours agoJUST IN: Bello, They Should Ask Him What Was He Trying To Achieve Burning Cap With Symbol Of President _ Jibrin
Entertainment9 hours ago“The bullet struck exactly where she was sleeping” – Nigerian doctor recalls sister’s miraculous escape from death
Viral24 hours ago1. KANU’S CONVICTION UNDER FIRE: LAWYER QUESTIONS LAW USED AFTER 2022 REPEAL
Metro3 hours ago“Tinubu Names Yari DG, Uzodimma Secretary Of 2027 APC Presidential Campaign Council” — Akpabio, Gbajabiamila, Oshiomhole Get Key Roles
Metro3 hours ago“Is This What Lagos Housing Crisis Has Become?” — Viral Video Of People Living Under Flyover Sparks Outrage, Disbelief
Metro2 hours ago“Stop Making False, Defamatory Statements About Me And My Family” — Sheggz Reportedly Serves Bella Okagbue Cease-And-Desist Notice Amid Messy Breakup
Metro3 hours ago20-Year-Old Khalifa Aminu Builds AI Smart Glasses To Help Visually Impaired People Navigate Without Cane Or Guide
Metro3 hours ago“Protect Your Sources And Methods, But Do Not Protect The Truth From Nigerians” — Atiku Tells FBI Over Tinubu Records

























