World
Why is Trump threatening to bomb Oman, the Iran mediator trying to clear Hormuz?

The world knows that US President Donald Trump is angry with Iran. But he is not happy with the small country lying across the Strait of Hormuz from the Islamic Republic, either: Oman.
Oman has played a relatively low profile role since the Iran war began, including as a mediator. But its geography has thrust the sultanate into the uncomfortable position of negotiating with Tehran over management of the strait while facing Trump’s threats.
Trump this week told Fox News reporter Trey Yingst that the US would bomb Oman if it “gets in the way”, using an expletive for emphasis. It is not the first such threat he has made. Oman’s foreign ministry did not immediately respond to emailed questions about Trump’s threat and when Oman and Iran might issue a joint statement on their deal.
Here’s a look at the country in the middle of the Washington-Tehran tug of war.
Trump threatened Oman because he was not happy that it was close to a deal with Iran over the strait, two regional officials said on Tuesday.
Trump is under pressure. He vowed a quick war and a weakened Iran, along with a better deal on Tehran’s nuclear programme. Instead, Iran has seized on the Strait of Hormuz as a new weapon in talks, asserting control of what had been seen as an international waterway before the war.

Headlines14 hours agoAlleged drug trafficking: Tinubu joins US Justice Department’s request for 10-day delay in release of records
Entertainment24 hours ago“Your prayer point is different from mine” – Businessman says as he proudly flaunts his thriving business
News18 hours agoVehicle in Custody of Ghanaian Government Authority Used in Reportedly Foiled Labone Bank Robbery as Ghana Police Face Mounting Questions Over Nigerian Involvement Narrative – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
News13 hours agoSatellite Town Development Department Abuja: Secrets Reporters Uncover ₦15.29m Financial Irregularities as Retired Officer Keeps Government Hilux – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
Entertainment23 hours ago“He tried to lure me into having sex with him, but I refused” — Funke Etti recounts alleged ordeal with movie director
News12 hours ago₦3.26bn in Revenue and Account Irregularities Uncovered Under Mr Abdullahi O. Attah as Chairman – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
Entertainment14 hours ago“You’ll fly her in, lodge her and still give her ₦3m” – Lady questions men’s spending on women for sexual pleasure
Viral16 hours agoBayelsa Assembly Approves Removal of Sagbama Council Chairman, Vice Chairman Over Alleged Gross Misconduct

























