Politics
Ebonyi APGA – The Trumpet Newspaper Nigeria

The All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) candidate for Ebonyi/Ohaukwu Federal Constituency in the 2027 general elections, Tochukwu Ogalagu, has demanded for a thorough investigation into the murder of Elder Onwe Ubochi, after his participation in a rally organised by the party in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi State.
Ubochi, a resident of Osege Village, Umuogudu Oshia Ngbo, Ohaukwu Local Government Area, was reportedly found dead after participating in a prayer session and backing of APGA candidates on Monday, August 17, 2026.
Ogalagu, in a statement made available to journalists in Abakaliki on Wednesday, described the incident as “gruesome and dastardly,” urging the police and other relevant security agencies to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death and ensure that anyone found culpable is brought to justice.
According to the APGA candidate, Ubochi was hale and hearty when he attended the gathering and participated in the traditional activities associated with the event.
Read Also:
He said the deceased later left the venue for his residence alone but was subsequently reported missing, prompting members of his family to search for him throughout the night.
Ogalagu alleged that Ubochi was waylaid while returning home and killed, adding that his body was later reportedly discovered in a stream some distance from the road leading to his residence.
“My dear brothers and sisters, it is with a deep sense of personal loss that I hereby condemn the gruesome murder of Elder Onwe Ubochi,” he said.
Ogalagu disclosed that the police has been informed of the incident and that the deceased’s remains had been deposited in a mortuary.
He expressed confidence that the security agencies would conduct a professional investigation capable of establishing the circumstances surrounding the death.
“No stone will be left unturned in the investigation of this dastardly murder, and the person or persons involved will surely face the law,” Ogalagu said.
He urged his supporters and other residents of the constituency to remain calm and law-abiding, warning against any action that could lead to reprisal attacks or further escalation of tension.
The APGA candidate alleged that the incident could be connected to political threats reportedly issued in the constituency ahead of the 2027 general elections, but stressed that the responsibility for determining the cause and circumstances of the death rested with the relevant security agencies.
“The killing of Elder Onwe Ubochi is clearly a fulfilment of the threats issued by expiring political actors in Ebonyi/Ohaukwu Federal Constituency,” he alleged.
Ogalagu called on security agencies to investigate not only the death but also any reported threats against residents for supporting opposition political parties or candidates.
He urged APGA supporters not to be intimidated by what he described as threats, intimidation and political conspiracy, insisting that the democratic process must be allowed to thrive without violence.
“No amount of threats, intimidation, political conspiracy or shedding of innocent blood will be enough to stop an idea whose time has come for fulfilment,” he declared.
The development comes against the backdrop of intensified political activities in Ebonyi State ahead of the 2027 general elections, with political parties and their candidates stepping up consultations, grassroots mobilisation and campaigns for support.

Headlines14 hours agoAlleged drug trafficking: Tinubu joins US Justice Department’s request for 10-day delay in release of records
Entertainment24 hours ago“Your prayer point is different from mine” – Businessman says as he proudly flaunts his thriving business
News18 hours agoVehicle in Custody of Ghanaian Government Authority Used in Reportedly Foiled Labone Bank Robbery as Ghana Police Face Mounting Questions Over Nigerian Involvement Narrative – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
News13 hours agoSatellite Town Development Department Abuja: Secrets Reporters Uncover ₦15.29m Financial Irregularities as Retired Officer Keeps Government Hilux – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
Entertainment23 hours ago“He tried to lure me into having sex with him, but I refused” — Funke Etti recounts alleged ordeal with movie director
News12 hours ago₦3.26bn in Revenue and Account Irregularities Uncovered Under Mr Abdullahi O. Attah as Chairman – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
Entertainment14 hours ago“You’ll fly her in, lodge her and still give her ₦3m” – Lady questions men’s spending on women for sexual pleasure
Viral16 hours agoBayelsa Assembly Approves Removal of Sagbama Council Chairman, Vice Chairman Over Alleged Gross Misconduct

























