World
Russian and Ukrainian attacks kill 10 people, day after deadly drone strike

Russian drone and missile strikes killed at least seven people in Ukraine, officials said Saturday, while a Ukrainian drone attack on Russia’s Krasnodar region killed three people there.
The attacks came a day after a Russian strike on a Ukrainian shopping centre killed at least 16 people and wounded some 130.
Moscow’s forces have recently intensified their ballistic missile attacks on Kyiv, exploiting Ukraine’s chronic shortage of US-made Patriot air defence interceptors, the sole weapon in its arsenal able to shoot down the missiles.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said that one person was killed and another wounded in the latest attacks when ballistic missiles hit railway infrastructure in the capital, Kyiv, overnight.
Russia’s Defence Ministry said that its forces had hit a locomotive depot.
In a separate attack, local authorities said two people were killed Saturday afternoon in a Russian ballistic missile strike on the Kyiv region, which surrounds the capital.
Russian drone strikes also killed one person overnight in the Zaporizhzhia region, local officials said Saturday, and a daytime attack killed three others and wounded 15.
Mr Zelensky said that three people were also wounded in an attack on a minibus in the regional capital, also called Zaporizhzhia.
In Russia’s southern Krasnodar region, authorities said that three people, including two children, were killed and two adults were wounded in a Ukrainian drone strike.

The latest attacks came a day after Russian drones struck a shopping centre in the city of Kryvyi Rih in central Ukraine.
Dnipropetrovsk regional head Oleksandr Hanzha said in the early hours of Saturday that the death toll had risen to 16.
Later on Saturday, he said four people remain missing after the attack, which wounded a further 130.
Kryvyi Rih is the hometown of Mr Zelensky, who described the attack as a double-tap strike, in which an initial wave of drones hit the area followed by a second wave as rescue workers responded.
The Ukrainian leader said the fire, which spread across 9,000 square meters (around 97,000 square feet), had been extinguished and rescue efforts were underway.
Kryvyi Rih has been hit multiple times during the four-and-a-half-year all-out war between Russia and Ukraine, with one of the deadliest occurring in April 2025, when 20 people were killed, including nine children.

Large-scale Russian strikes have become a regular occurrence this summer, with Friday’s attacks landing just 24 hours after Russia pounded Kyiv with scores of missiles and drones in a nighttime assault that killed 16 people.
The United Nations said last week that Kyiv was one of the hardest-hit cities in July, with at least 54 civilians killed and 202 wounded.
At the same time, Ukraine has shifted the war onto Russian soil through long-range drone strikes on oil facilities that have caused fuel shortages across Russia.
It also has unsettled the Russian public by striking warehouses of Wildberries, the country’s biggest online retailer.
The Russian online news outlet Astra reported Saturday that a Ukrainian drone set ablaze an oil refinery in the Samara region.

Local officials said that damage was recorded at an unidentified “industrial facility” and a logistics centre for Ozon, a competitor to Wildberries.
Mr Zelensky said Saturday that Ukrainian forces struck the Novokuibyshevsk oil refinery in Samara, noting it is some 620 miles (1,000 kilometres) from the front line.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said in remarks to state TV reporter Pavel Zarubin, who posted them Saturday on his Telegram channel, that strikes on civilian targets “cause economic damage to our country” and “lead to losses”, but that “no turning point” in the conflict had been reached and that Kyiv “will never gain any advantage”.

Headlines15 hours agoEPL: They’ll even win Champions League this season’ – Gary Neville names one player Arsenal should sign
News20 hours agoMoney Waster: Without Clear Journey , Ex Aviation Minister Hadi Sirika Paid N219m As Touring Allowances While in Office – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
Viral13 hours ago2026 JAR: Bayelsa Health Ministry Holds Joint Annual Review, Assures More Commitments On Healthcare Dev’t
Headlines4 hours agoEPL: ‘It showed today’ – Owen Hargreaves pinpoints major issue with Man United after Hull City defeat
Entertainment24 hours ago“You must drop it”- Ex-Banker shares encounter working at Stanbic IBTC
Entertainment14 hours ago“If I were the one…” – Peller reacts to lady who addressed Tony Elumelu by his name
Headlines24 hours agoTransfer: Arsenal on verge of completing double transfer as Man Utd players travel to London
Metro23 hours agoCourt Secures Release Of 16 Accord Party Members, Grants Bail To Alabama
























