Politics
Edo Governor’s Aide Threatens Davido

A Senior Special Assistant to Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholo on Digital Media, Apostle Kassy Chukwu, has threatened Nigerian singer David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, following remarks allegedly made by the singer about the governor and his children.
Chukwu made the remarks in a viral Facebook video while reacting to comments attributed to Davido, accusing the singer of disrespecting Governor Okpebholo and his family.
The governor’s aide declared that Davido had been banned from performing in Edo State and warned that the singer would not be welcomed in the state for the remainder of the current administration.
Read Also:
“I want to tell you, you have been banned from coming to Edo State to perform. We don’t want to see you in Edo again,” Chukwu said.
He further warned Davido against repeating what he described as offensive comments about the governor and his children.
Chukwu also made a direct threat of physical assault, alleging that youths in the state could attack the singer if he returned to Edo.
“If we catch you, if we see you at the airport, go tell the boys to use slaps to remove your teeth,” he said.
The comments have generated concern, particularly because they appeared to encourage physical confrontation against the singer.
Chukwu also criticised Davido’s associate, Israel DMW, accusing him of encouraging the singer to speak against Governor Okpebholo.
The governor’s aide further questioned some of the information Davido had allegedly shared online, describing certain results as “AI-generated” and urging the singer to be cautious about his statements.
He also claimed that some Edo youths were angry with Davido and warned that the singer would be responsible for whatever happened if he returned to the state.
“Nobody should bring Davido to perform anywhere again in Edo State,” Chukwu added.
The aide also accused Davido of associating with individuals he described as cultists and claimed that Governor Okpebholo would not tolerate such associations.
At the time of the report, there was no indication that Governor Okpebholo had personally issued a formal directive banning Davido from performing in Edo State.

Headlines24 hours agoInMessage strengthens online dating experience with focus on real Connections, safer social discovery
Headlines13 hours agoI don’t subscribe to ‘Oyinbo’ life – Tony Elumelu schools graduate trainee for calling him by his first name [VIDEO]
News13 hours agoThere was a country: EFCC Chairman Olukayode Jails Final Year Student For Criticising Him – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
News14 hours agoInvalid Tax And BPP Clearance Yet Aviation Ministry Awards N1.09 Billion Airport Contracts To Shady Companies – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
News18 hours agoSons Of Hell: Billion Paid For Vanished Aircraft, Chinese Donated Rice Rotten – How Two NEMA DGs Left Disaster Victims Starving While Public Funds Disappeared – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
Entertainment15 hours ago“You mean £10,300?” – Nephew shares UK-based uncle’s reaction after asking for ₦19m to start business
News8 hours agoOne Of A Kind: It’s Your Right To Criticize Me As You Want Without Fear Of Arrest, Cross Rivers Gov. Otu Shames Gov. Sheriff and Umo Eno – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
Politics18 hours agoPolitics Summit 2026 – The Trumpet Newspaper Nigeria
























