Politics
Trump Says Strait Of Hormuz Has Been De-Mined, Reopened

United States President Donald Trump has said the Strait of Hormuz has been fully de-mined and reopened, while declaring that there are no further talks or scheduled negotiations with Iran after a 60-day window for discussions expired.
Trump made the remarks in a Tuesday post on Truth Social, where he said a US naval blockade of Iran remained in force.
“The Hormuz Strait is open and operating. All water mines have been removed or detonated,” Trump said.
Trump also said there were no ongoing or scheduled talks with the Islamic Republic of Iran, adding that the naval blockade remained in full force and effect.
The statement came amid heightened tensions over the strategic waterway, through which a significant share of global seaborne oil passes during normal operations.
Trump’s latest declaration followed his recent warnings over Iran’s efforts to control or disrupt shipping through the Strait of Hormuz.
Earlier this month, Trump told Axios that his administration was only “semi-negotiating” with Iran and predicted that continued economic pressure from the naval blockade would eventually affect the Iranian government.
The Strait of Hormuz is a crucial global energy corridor, making its security a major concern for international oil markets and shipping operators.
Trump’s comments came a day after he threatened Oman if its rulers assisted Tehran in efforts to control the strategic waterway.
Read also:
The US president has repeatedly maintained that Washington would not allow Iran to close or effectively control the Strait of Hormuz.
His latest remarks signal a further hardening of the US position as the 60-day period for negotiations ends without a new agreement being announced.
The development is expected to keep attention focused on shipping activity, the security of the waterway and the wider confrontation between Washington and Tehran.
The situation remains fluid, with further developments expected as the US maintains pressure on Iran and monitors activity around the strategic waterway.

Headlines21 hours agoAlleged drug trafficking: Tinubu joins US Justice Department’s request for 10-day delay in release of records
News20 hours agoSatellite Town Development Department Abuja: Secrets Reporters Uncover ₦15.29m Financial Irregularities as Retired Officer Keeps Government Hilux – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
News19 hours ago₦3.26bn in Revenue and Account Irregularities Uncovered Under Mr Abdullahi O. Attah as Chairman – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
Entertainment21 hours ago“You’ll fly her in, lodge her and still give her ₦3m” – Lady questions men’s spending on women for sexual pleasure
Headlines10 hours agoEPL: ‘They’ve brought in some experienced players’ – Ian Wright names club to challenge Arsenal for title
Viral23 hours agoBayelsa Assembly Approves Removal of Sagbama Council Chairman, Vice Chairman Over Alleged Gross Misconduct
Metro17 hours ago“You Can’t Answer ‘His Excellency’ Without Being An Excellent Person” — Peter Obi Says Nigerians Should Punish Breach Of Trust With Their Votes
Metro17 hours ago“Tinubu Meets EFCC Chairman Over Disposal Of Seized Houses” — Holds Closed-Door Talks With Akpabio, Oyetola, Idris, Doguwa Days After Osun Poll





















