World
US Supreme Court lets Trump continue work on White House ballroom for now

The US Supreme Court on Friday allowed President Donald Trump’s administration to continue construction of his White House ballroom project for now, temporarily pausing a judicial order that would halt much of the development.
The court’s action, known as an administrative stay, gives the justices additional time to consider the administration’s formal request to let it continue working on the US$400 million ballroom while a lawsuit by a historic preservation group seeking to stop the project proceeds.
In an August 14 filing to the Supreme Court, Justice Department lawyers echoed Trump’s contention that the project is a security necessity, citing assassination attempts against the president and other recent threats.
“This case involves an extraordinary and unlawful injunction that will halt the ongoing construction of the integrated military complex, including a totally secure ballroom space, at the East Wing of the White House, which is vitally required by national security,” they said.
The non-profit National Trust for Historic Preservation sued last year after the administration tore down the White House East Wing and began building a 90,000 sq ft (8,360-square-metre) ballroom without seeking specific approval from Congress. Trump has said the ballroom will be “the greatest of its kind ever built”.
The project combines the above-ground ballroom with an extensive underground complex.

Headlines17 hours agoEPL: They’ll even win Champions League this season’ – Gary Neville names one player Arsenal should sign
News23 hours agoMoney Waster: Without Clear Journey , Ex Aviation Minister Hadi Sirika Paid N219m As Touring Allowances While in Office – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
Viral16 hours ago2026 JAR: Bayelsa Health Ministry Holds Joint Annual Review, Assures More Commitments On Healthcare Dev’t
Headlines6 hours agoEPL: ‘It showed today’ – Owen Hargreaves pinpoints major issue with Man United after Hull City defeat
Viral4 hours agoJUST IN: Bello, They Should Ask Him What Was He Trying To Achieve Burning Cap With Symbol Of President _ Jibrin
Entertainment16 hours ago“If I were the one…” – Peller reacts to lady who addressed Tony Elumelu by his name
Special Report14 hours agoTinubu unveils APC 2027 presidential campaign council, appoints Yari DG
Special Report18 hours agoICPC uncovers another fake agency, Tinubu orders arrest, suspends 3 perm secs
























