News
Soldiers foil mass abduction in Zamfara, rescue nine

Troops of the Joint Task Force North-West, Operation FANSAN YAMMA, have foiled an attempted mass abduction by terrorists in Unguwar Rogo Village, Kaura Namoda Local Government Area of Zamfara State, rescuing nine civilians, including an infant.
The incident occurred on Sunday, August 16, 2026, after troops received a distress call that terrorists had infiltrated the community and attacked civilians travelling along a local route.
In a statement issued on Monday, the Media Information Officer of JTF North-West, Operation FANSAN YAMMA, Lt. Col. Aliyu Danja, said the terrorists were believed to have been led by a suspected kingpin identified as Mallam Shuaibu.
Danja said preliminary intelligence indicated that the attack might have been carried out in reprisal for the recent arrest of suspected collaborators linked to the terrorist network.
According to him, the suspects had earlier been intercepted by troops while allegedly attempting to procure motorcycles and Premium Motor Spirit for the terrorists.
He said the terrorists subsequently concealed themselves in a millet farm along the route and opened fire on passing vehicles in an apparent attempt to abduct civilians.
“The terrorists concealed themselves within a millet farm along the route and opened fire on passing vehicles, causing some drivers to lose control and veer off the road,” Danja said.
He explained that troops of Sector 2 responded swiftly to the distress call and engaged the terrorists, forcing them to abandon the attempted abduction and flee into the surrounding forest.
“Responding swiftly to the distress call, troops of Sector 2 moved to the area and decisively engaged the terrorists, denying them the opportunity to carry out the abduction,” he said.
Danja added that the troops subsequently rescued nine civilians, including an infant, who had been caught up in the attack.
He further disclosed that two women sustained gunshot wounds during the terrorists’ assault and were evacuated for medical treatment.
“The two women who sustained gunshot wounds during the terrorists’ attack were promptly evacuated for medical attention and are currently receiving treatment,” he said.
The military spokesman reaffirmed the commitment of Operation FANSAN YAMMA to protecting civilians and denying terrorists freedom of action across the North-West.
“Operation FANSAN YAMMA remains resolute in its determination to deny terrorists and other criminal elements the freedom to attack innocent citizens,” Danja said.
He assured residents that the Joint Task Force would sustain pressure on terrorist networks while taking necessary measures to protect lives and restore lasting peace and security across the region.

News21 hours agoScammers Hijack Car Dealer’s Identity, Forge CAC Certificate Photo, and Open Fraudulent Moniepoint Account, Exposing Deep Flaws in Fintech KYC – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
News9 hours agoFAAN Spent N158.59bn against N98.39bn Limit, Audit Demands N60.2bn Refund – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
News6 hours ago₦367.99m in Financial Irregularities Uncovered in FCT Social Development Secretariat Under the Leadership of Hajiya Safiya Umar – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
Entertainment17 hours ago“The most powerful person in a house is the housemaid” — Man questions billionaire’s maid’s ₦180K salary
News7 hours agoInvestigation Reveals NOTAP Channelled ₦138.8 Million Public Revenue into Staff Welfare, Sponsored Non-Staff Weddings and Approved Unauthorised Foreign Trips in Questionable Transactions – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
Politics8 hours agoOsun 2026: INEC Under Scrutiny As Money Politics, Violence, Security Threats Test Nigeria’s Road To 2027
News6 hours ago₦35.46m Financial Irregularities Mars Dr. Aishatu Abubakar-Baju (AIG), Veterinary Council of Nigeria Leadership – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
Entertainment11 hours ago“I paid for his visa, flight, hotel, rent, but he broke up with me 4 months after arriving UK” — Woman reveals























