Metro
DHQ Nigeria Recovers Official X Account After Hack

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has regained control of its official X account, @DHQNigeria, after the platform was compromised in an unauthorised cyberattack….
The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has regained control of its official X account, @DHQNigeria, after the platform was compromised in an unauthorised cyberattack.
The development comes a few days after the military authorities alerted the public that the account had been compromised and warned Nigerians to disregard suspicious or misleading posts published from the handle.
The account was reportedly taken over on Saturday, with unauthorised cryptocurrency-related content appearing on the platform.
The incident prompted concerns because the account is an official channel used by the Nigerian military to communicate information on security operations and other defence matters.
In a statement issued on Saturday, the Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, said the incident was being treated as a cybersecurity matter and that technical measures had been activated to secure the account.
“The Defence Headquarters wishes to inform members of the public, the media and all stakeholders that it has detected an attempted unauthorised compromise of its official X (formerly Twitter) account,” Uba said.
https://x.com/DHQNigeria/status/2089297556094202134
He urged members of the public to disregard any suspicious, unauthorised or misleading content that might have been posted from the account during the period of the breach.
The DHQ also directed Nigerians to rely on its verified accounts on other platforms, including Facebook, Instagram and its WhatsApp Channel, while efforts were made to restore control of the X account.
The military has now confirmed its return to the platform.
In a brief post on the recovered account, the DHQ wrote: “WE’RE BACK.”
“Thank you for your patience and continued support,” the military authority added.
The recovery effectively restores one of the Armed Forces of Nigeria’s major channels for communicating directly with the public.
The DHQ has not disclosed details of those behind the cyberattack or how the unauthorised access was obtained.
Authorities had earlier said the incident was under investigation as a cybersecurity matter.
The incident has also highlighted the growing cybersecurity risks facing official government and security institutions, particularly social media accounts with large audiences and the capacity to influence public perception during sensitive security operations.

News22 hours agoFAAN Spent N158.59bn against N98.39bn Limit, Audit Demands N60.2bn Refund – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
News20 hours ago₦367.99m in Financial Irregularities Uncovered in FCT Social Development Secretariat Under the Leadership of Hajiya Safiya Umar – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
Politics21 hours agoOsun 2026: INEC Under Scrutiny As Money Politics, Violence, Security Threats Test Nigeria’s Road To 2027
News21 hours agoInvestigation Reveals NOTAP Channelled ₦138.8 Million Public Revenue into Staff Welfare, Sponsored Non-Staff Weddings and Approved Unauthorised Foreign Trips in Questionable Transactions – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
News19 hours ago₦35.46m Financial Irregularities Mars Dr. Aishatu Abubakar-Baju (AIG), Veterinary Council of Nigeria Leadership – Secrets Reporters Nigeria
Viral21 hours ago“Got a huge debit “- Lady exposes what sidechick did to married man’s bank account
World13 hours agoIranian Army Chief Offers $30,000 Bounty for Killing or Capturing US Soldiers, Doubles Reward for Women
Entertainment22 hours ago“I’m my husband’s handbag”— Priscilla Ojo shares loved up photos with Juma Jux




















