Jason Kelce, The Renowned Football Player
Early Life And High School Years
Jason Kelce’s journey to NFL stardom began in his hometown of Westlake, Ohio. He attended Cleveland Heights High School, where his athletic prowess quickly became evident.
In high school, he showcased his versatility by excelling in both running back and linebacker positions.
His exceptional skills on the field earned him the prestigious title of being named All-Lake Erie-Lake League not once, but twice.
College Career At Cincinnati
- After completing his high school education, Kelce took his talents to the University of Cincinnati.
- His college football journey was marked by adaptability and growth.
- Initially, he started as a fullback but eventually found his true calling in the offensive line.
- This transition proved to be a pivotal moment in his football career.
- In 2007, during his redshirt year, Kelce saw action at center and guard in nine games.
- The Bearcats had an impressive season, going 10-3 and capping it off with a victory against Southern Mississippi in the PapaJohns.com Bowl.
Kelce’s Junior Season
The following year, in 2008, Kelce made 13 starts at left guard, contributing to an offensive line that included future NFL linemen Jeff Linkenbach and Trevor Canfield.
This formidable line played a crucial role in the UC offense’s success, averaging 27.3 points and 375.3 yards of total offense per game.
In 2009, Kelce’s junior season, he earned second-team All-Big East honors.
Kelce’s Stellar Performance
- The Bearcats achieved an undefeated regular season (12-0) and once again secured the Big East Championship.
- This remarkable feat earned them a spot in the BCS Bowl, where they faced Florida in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.
- Throughout his college career, Kelce displayed consistency by starting the final 38 out of 47 games.
- Kelce’s stellar performance in college garnered him Honorable Mention All-America and second-team All-Big East accolades.
Jason Kelce With His Wife On A Podcast
The NFL Journey Begins
The Philadelphia Eagles recognized Jason Kelce’s talent and selected him in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft.
This marked the beginning of his professional football career. Kelce wasted no time and signed a four-year contract on July 27, 2011.
Contract Extensions And Pro Bowl Appearances
On February 27, 2014, Kelce took a significant step in his career by agreeing to a six-year contract extension.
This extension solidified his place as a key player for the Philadelphia Eagles. In 2015, Kelce continued to shine as he started in all 16 games.
Pro Football Focus recognized his excellence by grading him as the 7th ranked center in the NFL.
The Road To NFL Stardom
Kelce’s journey to NFL stardom began during his college years at the University of Cincinnati.
Initially joining as a walk-on linebacker, he later transitioned to the center position, a decision that would shape his future career.
Kelce’s unwavering dedication and commitment led him to be drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft.
Read more: Ryan Garcia: Profession, Brother And Net Worth
Jason Kelce: His Professional Journey
Jason Kelce’s Early Life and Background
- Born in Greenville, North Carolina, Jason Kelce’s journey to NFL stardom began in the heart of Ohio.
- He spent his formative years in Cleveland Heights, where his athletic prowess became evident.
- Kelce was a standout player in high school, excelling as both a running back and linebacker.
- He even showcased his musical talents, playing the baritone saxophone in Symphonic and Jazz Bands.
Transition To College Football
His transition to college football at the University of Cincinnati was marked by determination.
Kelce initially started as a walk-on running back but eventually found his calling on the offensive line.
In 2008, as a sophomore, he played a pivotal role in forming an offensive line that powered the UC offense to an average of 27.3 points and 375.3 yards per game.
It was during this time that his brother, Travis Kelce, joined him on the Cincinnati team.
Kelce’s skill and dedication earned him second-team All-Big East honors in 2009.
His versatility and commitment led him to play center during his senior season in 2010, where he received Honorable Mention All-America and second-team All-Big East honors.
Jason Kelce’s new documentary, “KELCE”, is now available to stream on Prime Video. pic.twitter.com/VbmyK2Stb0
— Eagles Nation (@PHLEaglesNation) September 12, 2023
Who Drafted Jason Kelce?
- Despite not fitting the traditional mold of an NFL player in terms of size, Kelce made a strong impression during the 2011 NFL Scouting Combine.
- He posted the fastest 40-yard dash time among all offensive linemen, clocking in at an impressive 4.89 seconds.
- This caught the attention of the Philadelphia Eagles, who selected Kelce in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft.
- However, due to the NFL lockout, he couldn’t practice or sign a contract until July 25, 2011.
Jason Kelce’s NFL Journey
From his rookie season onwards, Kelce established himself as a pillar of consistency for the Philadelphia Eagles.
He made history by becoming the first rookie center to start all 16 games for the Eagles. Despite a setback in the 2012 season when he suffered a partially torn MCL and ACL, Kelce bounced back in 2013.
He not only helped the team reach the playoffs but was also recognized as the best center in the NFL.
Piled Up Accolades
- Kelce’s stellar performances continued to pile up accolades.
- He earned his first Pro Bowl selection in 2014 and followed it up with several more in the subsequent years.
- His standout year came in 2017 when he was not only the highest-rated offensive lineman according to Pro Football Focus but also secured a spot on the All-Pro team.
- In a historic moment, Kelce and the Eagles clinched the Super Bowl victory over the New England Patriots.
- With the longest consecutive starts streak in NFL history and the most starts in the Eagles’ franchise history, Kelce cemented his legacy in Philadelphia.
Jason Kelce’s Championships And Rings
One of the crowning achievements of Jason Kelce’s career came in 2017 when he helped the Philadelphia Eagles secure a historic Super Bowl win in Super Bowl LII.
This victory ended a 52-year championship drought for the city of Philadelphia, making it a moment that will be remembered for generations to come.
Jason Kelce’s Awards And Honors
Throughout his career, Kelce has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors.
These include being a Super Bowl Champion (LII) in 2017, earning First-team All-Pro selections in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021, and being a Pro Bowl player in 2014, 2016, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
His college career also earned him Second-team All-Big East honors in 2009 and 2021.
Read more: Gabe Kapler: Profession, Ex-Wife And Net Worth
Jason Kelce: Ethnicity And Net Worth
Jason Kelce’s Ethnicity
Now, let’s delve into the question that brought you here: Jason Kelce’s ethnicity.
Based on our latest research, Jason Kelce is of White ethnicity.
His birthplace in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States, is a testament to his American roots. His full name is Jason Daniel Kelce, and he goes by the nickname “Jason Kelce.”
Jason Kelce’s Age: A Football Veteran
As of today, Jason Kelce is 35 years old. He was born on November 5, 1987, in Cleveland Heights, Ohio.
Despite his age, Kelce continues to be a formidable force in the NFL, showcasing his dedication to the game and his unwavering commitment to excellence.
He serves as an inspirational figure for both his teammates and fans, proving that age is just a number when it comes to making an impact in professional football.
Jason Kelce’s Nationality: Proudly American
Jason Kelce’s nationality is American.
Born in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, on November 5, 1987, he has proudly represented his country on the football field throughout his career in the NFL, primarily with the Philadelphia Eagles.
His remarkable skills as a center have contributed to the success of his team and have garnered respect from fans and fellow athletes nationwide
Jason Kelce’s Journey
Jason Kelce’s journey from his birthplace in Ohio to NFL stardom is a testament to his hard work, dedication, and passion for the game.
His impact extends beyond the field, as he continues to inspire both his teammates and fans.
As we celebrate his achievements and learn more about his background, Jason Kelce remains a symbol of excellence in American football.
Family Origins And Heritage
To fully grasp Jason Kelce’s ethnicity, we must delve into his family’s origins and heritage.
Kelce’s family tree traces back to European roots, with ancestral connections to various countries known for their white population.
While the specifics of his family’s heritage may not be widely available, his white ethnicity indicates a lineage tied to European countries such as England, Ireland, Scotland, and Germany, among others.