Refugees welcome! They are not dangerous, they are in danger! Celebrate diversity!
“Terror suspect (36) arrested in Upper Austria: Moroccans came via the Balkan route,” translated from “Terrorverdächtiger (36) in OÖ festgenommen: Marokkaner kam über die Balkanroute,” Exxpress, August 6, 2022 (thanks to Medforth):
A 36-year-old Moroccan terror suspect has been arrested in Upper Austria. A spokesman for the Ministry of the Interior confirmed corresponding media reports on Saturday. The arrest took place when the Syrian returnee wanted to leave the federal territory by train towards Germany, it said. An EU-wide arrest warrant from Spain had been issued for the suspected “foreign terrorist fighter.”
Second suspect arrested in Barcelona
The Moroccan arrested in July 2022 resides in Spain and traveled to Syria in 2014 to join a group close to al-Qaeda, the interior ministry said on Saturday. A 29-year-old Moroccan was traveling with him, for whom there was no arrest warrant at the time. The second suspect has now been arrested near Barcelona, it said. He is said to have traveled to Syria from Morocco in 2015. Both men are being investigated on suspicion of involvement in and support for terrorism.
Interior Minister Gerhard Karner (ÖVP) is pleased with the success.
“Fight against terror must not rest”
“Close cooperation with our partners is essential in the fight against international terrorist networks. As the once again successful operation and the two arrests show, the State Security and Intelligence Service Directorate is in the best possible position and will continue to take decisive action against these criminals. Because the fight against terror must not rest for a second – the police will continue to fight it with all consistency and severity in the future,” said Interior Minister Gerhard Karner (ÖVP).